Join us for full benefits and know that ‘You’ll never search alone’ with your Liverpool and South West Lancashire Family History Society.

Can't find GRO birth registrations

By John O |

Hi folks, I'm trying to find the GRO references for a couple of my relatives. I have dates of birth and baptisms for them, but cannot find any birth references on either GRO or FreeBMD for them, and wondering if a different pair of eyes may help.
The names in question are children of John and Margaret Orrett (nee Walker), who resided at Newsham farm.
Thomas Orrett - DOB 28/2/1840 and baptised 29/3/1840 (buried 5/1940 and GRO known)
Jane Orrett - DOB 28/4/1841 and baptised 25/4/1841
Thomas Orrett DOB 7/2/1845 and baptised 9/3/1845
Elizabeth Orrett DOB 1/12/1846 and baptised 27/12/1846

I have the GRO records for 2 other children, one, Mary, with the MMN of 'Orrett' in Q4 1842, and the other, John, with the correct MMN of 'Wright' in Q2 1848.

All are present at Newsham farm in the 1851 census, with a Jane Wright being sister in law of John Orrett.

Many thanks for any assistance,

John

John,
Typo, Wright not Walker?
No luck sorry, not forgetting it was a time when the registrar had to find the new born and mother, reason for many not being registered.

Hi John, do you have the date of the parents marriage?  The only one I can find for John Orrett is in Jun Q 1844.