Join us for full benefits and know that ‘You’ll never search alone’ with your Liverpool and South West Lancashire Family History Society.

Help with a badge please

By MaryA |

Here is a link to a photograph, never used flickr before so if it doesn't work then let me know and I'll have to do something about it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53123533793_cefee58ac3_m.jpg

My thoughts are that inside the oval are the initials ER with a crown on the top and possibly Prince of Wales feathers at the bottom.

The gentleman wearing the blazer was born in 1930 but may not have been the original owner of it.  Wondering if the photograph may have been taken in a pub in Liverpool or Bootle and probably taken sometime after 1956.  He did actually do National Service sometime before 1950 and was on communications in Germany.

Mary,
Very difficult to see, however from your description, if they are not the Prince of Wales feathers, possibly Royal Engineers blazer badge, long shot though.

Any writing you can see?

Unfortunately not, it seems to be a typical poor quality photograph of its time, I must admit we think he was a bit of a wide boy and liked to wear the blazer to make more of himself, but it could have been second hand.

I'll check out the Royal Engineers, thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Mary,

Speckled Jim landed,

Enlarged the best I could, it's not Royal Engineers. It does look as if Prince of Wales feathers at bottom. Hopefully more help incoming.