Join us for full benefits and know that ‘You’ll never search alone’ with your Liverpool and South West Lancashire Family History Society.

Patrick Finegan Baptism

By Phil F |

Could someone with a subscription to RootsIreland please look up an Irish baptism? All of the other sources tried have not found him. I'm assuming that he would have been baptised.

It's for Patrick Finegan who was born in Monaghan about 1830-34.

Census returns show Patrick with his parents, Edward Finegan and Catherine, in Great Crosby in 1851. In 1861 he was still in Great Crosby and then in Birkenhead in 1871 & 1881. Patrick's recorded age isn't consistent, hence the birth date range. The 1881 census gives his birthplace as Monaghan, the rest just show Ireland.

Patrick married Frances (Fanny) Cooper in SS Peter & Paul Church, Great Crosby in 1855, a Catholic church, so a Catholic baptism would be expected.

Many thanks,
Phil

I'm afraid I don't know anybody with a subs for that site, however the one we use most often is https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/ which tends to be added to on a semi regular basis, although obviously it depends on the transcribers and where they are located, as well as whether they have been allowed access to the Parish Registers in question.