Join us for full benefits and know that ‘You’ll never search alone’ with your Liverpool and South West Lancashire Family History Society.

Peter Trainor post-1882

By Gwebb1 |

Hi everyone.
I am trying to find out what hapened to Peter Trainor (name has also been spelt Treanor, Traynor etc).
His parents were Philip and Susan/Susannah Treanor from Ireland although he was born in Liverpool in 1846.
As far as I can tell he doesn't marry. He has several siblings and I have followed most of them up.

At the time of the 1881 census, Peter was living with his mother in 48 Essex Street and the Electoral Register shows this to be a cellar so I am guessing they were actually living beneath no. 48. The family was also there on the 1871 census and the mother is 'Head' of the household on both censuses. His mother died in 1882 and her death was reported by her married daughter.
The Electoral Register gives the father's name (Philip) for the address until 1874 (despite him dying in 1871) and then Peter's name appears in the Register from 1874 to 1882 but then he disappears.
Can anyone pick up the threads for me, please?

Many thanks,
Glen
P.S. The Peter Trainer who died 1888 (Dec Liverpool 08B 48) is not the correct one - I've tried him!

Glen,

Nothing I could find to be of any conclusive help apart from, clutching at straws info. The George Kerr who shared 48 Essex St with Peter is possibly the same George Kerr who in 1898 was living at 128 Elias St with a Peter Trainor living at 99c. Are they related? or perhaps a nod and a wink a property was available to a friend. It may help to narrow down where Peter was.

No worries. Thanks for trying, Bert. I always feel reasssured when people on the Forum cannot find new information as it gives me confidence I have not overlooked something that I should have seen!
I cannot find any evidence to link the Kerr family with Peter Trainor but it does seem a bit of a coincidence that they both end up in Elias Street. I have made a note of this and will keep it on file and see what turns up in the future - you never know!
Glen