Join us for full benefits and know that ‘You’ll never search alone’ with your Liverpool and South West Lancashire Family History Society.

WW1 information required please

By Bsltigger |

Hello Joe,

Thank you for offering to do a look-up.

William was in the army (RFC from 02.12.17) and lived in Bootle (Westminster road), his dob (27.10.1896 – his baptism shows the surname of Peart – there was a lodger in the house in 1901 called Seymour from Ireland and then his mother and all the children used his surname). The story in the family was that William was taking part in WW1 and whilst in Northern Ireland, he heard news that his sister Lilian Seymour had died and to go home.  Lilian’s burial took place on the 25th November 1915.  The other part of the story is that those in the barracks went and attended the marriage which was published in the local paper. 

The details of William James Seymour's marriage are that it was at St Leonard's church on 19.3.1916 to Bertha Jacobsen (both William and Bertha’s address at the time of marriage was 6 Falconer Street). William's occupation on the marriage certificate shows 'soldier' but does not give his military number.

Please could you kindly look into the stories and see if you can find their marriage in the local paper and some more information about William’s service in WW!?

Thank you.

Kindest regards

Rachel 

Hello Rachel,

I have completed my research on Pte Seymour which contains a number of images (unfortunately no photo of him) and thus not suitable for a reply on the forum. If you email me at membership@lswlfhs.org.uk giving me your email I will forward my findings to you.